Monday, February 7, 2011

Learning about WordPress

Yesterday I decided it was time to force the freelance writing desires into reality. I am now, once again only a full time college student and stay-at-home mom, so I am going to work as hard as I possibly can to become a freelance writer.

I searched freelance writing and found a place called Odesk and several other places that I may use in my adventure. The one common denominator that I noticed was that many possible clients wanted me to have knowledge of WordPress. So, today I set out to gain knowledge of WordPress and make myself more valuable in the freelance writing industry. The first place I visited in my adventure this morning was Wikipedia and that linked me right up to the WordPress site that allowed me to download the program for free and is where I know I will find out all I need to become a WordPress expert.

As for what I am writing at this time, my Online Documentation class has me creating a help file for a retail business. I picked the Furniture Row website since they currently have no help feature. I am creating a Design Specifications Document about the help file which I will upload to my online portfolio.

My Listening class has me creating reports about podcasts and movies on the topic of listening. When the class ends I will pick the best report on listening and also upload that to my online portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment