Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Writing in HTML

I'm just finishing up my very first HTML class and I have come to a few realizations.

  1. People who write in computer code are still writers like me, they just use a different language.
    • I always thought that writing in code was something completely different than writing a document. 
    • Writing an entire site requires knowledge of more than just HTML one must learn CSS and PHP too, similar to writing a great document requires knowledge about the subject and background which may include learning the meanings and backgrounds of words.
    • Computer code requires one to not only be a good writer but also to be visionary and creative thinking not only of the wording but of graphic design also, much like creating a good magazine layout.
  2. Writing code is much like writing a report or document.
    • First you need an idea, a sketch or an outline of what will be written and how it should look.
    • Good content always makes a better document, there are structures to follow in code just like in writing a sentence in English.
    • Editing is not just a necessity but with code if it isn't correct it won't work.
  3. Writing code can actually be pleasant.
    • Once a style sheet has been created and a basic page layout, the background work, then the code that creates each page is much easier.
    • I love writing and expected to dread coding but was happily surprised that I like it.
    • Graphic design is always present in writing layouts and is also important for a good webpage and I love designing pages and places to look nice.
    • It has come in handy for my blogs, my black board posts and in other places that I hadn't expected.
If you would like to see what I did for my HTML class I would be proud to introduce you to my live online website. It is called Easy Sales Shop and I will be using it to sell things that I have made and maybe someday things that other people have made too. 

Yes, I plan on taking more computer code classes. My degree requires it and my curiosity demands it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment