Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Homeschooling Again

The girls wanted to homeschool this year so I have been working on lesson planning for them. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out how I was going to write their Science lessons so that they could both view it and use online resources. I went to them, since they were home and ask them what they thought the best and easiest way for me to create their science lessons would be.


They considered my question and offered suggestions such as a USB drive, or emailing them the lessons. Both very good suggestions because part of my question was that I wanted them to be able to pull it up on whatever computer in the house they happened to be able to use at the time.


Considering their suggestions, I went back to my office/craft room and sat down at my computer to continue looking up resources for the first lesson when it hit me. I actually laughed at myself when I realized I could solve all the issues at once by creating a blog for their lessons. I can post the direct links for them to use to look up information and include questions and activities appropriate to their grade levels. So, you know me I immediately opened up my blogger to blog about my experience. LOL


 This is an exciting time for us, I homeschooled the boys when they were younger and they went back into school at about the ages that the girls are coming out of public school to homeschool now. My oldest is in 8th grade but reads at a college level and loves math so is going to be working from several pre-college and college books that we actually have here in the house. My younger girl has struggled with school since the beginning and really had I not been so busy with college and we didn't have anyone available to be with her when we weren't home, I would have homeschooled her much sooner and saved her a lot of unnecessary stress. For her we are using 4th through 6th grade materials depending on the subject. I am mostly using online information and some workbooks along with things we already have available to us from our home library, the town library and SVSU's library. She is excited to get going.


 Knowing that I am going to finish my last three classes in the winter to graduate with my bachelor's degree. I realize that I won't be able to put the time and effort in that I will need so, I am going to work it all out ahead hopefully so that now in the beginning of the year I get all the lessons planned and ready to go for them. It will be a lot of work but they are worth it. Maybe since I'll be blogging their lessons it will help out someone else too. :-)


 Wish me luck and if you have any experience or know of any good homeshool websites please leave a comment and let me know I can use all the help I can get. Thanks.


Here we go off on another writing and researching adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment