Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Writing a Feasibility Study

I have a dream... I want to start a Small Business Incubator. In order to do this I need to create a Feasibility Study.

I have never even heard of Feasibility studies before now. I have been researching Feasibility studies trying to figure out what to do and so far this is what I have figured out.

"Definition of Feasibility Studies: A feasibility study looks at the viability of an idea with an emphasis on identifying potential problems and attempts to answer one main question: Will the idea work and should you proceed with it?" 
As found on http://womeninbusiness.about.com/od/businessplans/a/feasibilitystud.htm

The page above is AWESOME they go on to explain the six parts to a feasibility study. It goes on into seven lessons on how to create your feasibility study. I will be using this and continuing this post into several others until we have my Feasibility Study all done and ready.

I want to take this dream of helping small businesses to grow and compete with the huge conglomerates and make it a reality.

We need as a nation to support our local businesses and stop giving our money to giant stores that don't care about people only their own profits.

I don't have a name set in stone for it yet but for starting purposes and the need for something to call it, we will call it the Sandusky Business Incubator or SBI.

The first thing they want is a description of the business; products offered and how they will be delivered.

A full description of the SBI will be the next post.

Tell me please do you know of any great resources for learning about the process of creating a feasibility study? Leave me a comment and let me know. Have you ever created a feasibility study if so share your experience with me please. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment